5 tips to get the most from Facebook for business
Businesses are basically about competition for market. For success in a business, it is therefore important that you figure out a strategy to get the business to a larger market. With constant advancements in technology, marketing is getting easier, especially through the online platforms.
While social media will somewhat remain a mystery – none more so that Facebook – it is one of the most common and recognised platforms that businesses use. There are more than 1 billion users on Facebook, a fact that makes it possible to potentially reach out to a hoard of your business besties (target market).
To achieve success with Facebook for business, here are five hot tips to help you out.
- Build a fan page: Among the most common mistake business owners do in marketing their businesses on Facebook is that the pages they create are personal pages, rather than a business page. For the business page, you should strictly keep it related to the business. Avoid posting photos, opinions and views that are too personal. Instead, add your personality through your business-related content. Still be authentic, just don’t overshare. Also provide links to your website. This way, you can start the sales process with the traffic you get from Facebook.
- Get fans: Acquiring fans on Facebook can be challenging; it is simply a slow process if you don’t advertise. Having engaging content, will help attract people to the page. What problems most businesses face, however, is keeping the fans. After you have acquired fans, it is important that you come up with a strategy to keep them engaged and happy. One of the best ways to keep your fans is to talk to them. Ask them questions, post great content and keep them engaged. Post often. Facebookers don’t mind being hit with content once a day. If you post twice, do it once in the morning and once at night.
- Post magnetic content: Facebook is generally where people go for fun. It is therefore important that as you market the business, you also keep the audience entertained. This could be achieved by posting engaging content which is also relevant, both to the business and the audience. One of the best strategies is to research what your audience loves and let your posts revolve around that. That way, you will be able to attract and catch the attention of the right people on Facebook.
- Post photos: Photos and pictures are often very essential in attracting the attention of an online audience. You should therefore post and update photos regularly. Test and measure what your peeps like. If they like your pictures, post them every day for a week and see what the stats say. You will soon find out if your audiences likes them by whether they like, comment or share the picture.
- Never delete critics: If there are complaints about certain products and services are made on your Facebook page, you will need to decide if it is right for your business to keep them on your page and reply to them, or delete them. Beware. If you decide to keep them to be transparent and build trust, sometimes this can end in a Facebook war and many he-said she-said messages for all the world to see. If you are going to have reviews on your site be prepared that you may get some negative criticism.
Do you have a fan page? What have you found works on Facebook? What do you post?
We’d love to hear from you!