A day in the life of Mackenzie, makeup artist and businesswoman
Hi again to all my budding makeup artist!
Its been sometime since you heard from me! Sorry, I have been super busy! Today I want to talk about the five top traits every makeup artist who owns a business should possess!
- Attitude – I really want to be successful in my business, so I do everything to make sure that happens. The right attitude will get you everywhere!
- Humour – being funny seriously gets people to book me. But it will help get you through some tough times as well.
- Passion – after working at my full-time job, I come home and spend hours on networking, practising looks, drafting up makeup designs, sending emails and client management. If I wasn’t passionate I could never commit this amount of time to these tasks.
- Creativity – I’m really lucky that I’m artistic, so drawing on faces comes naturally to me.
- Attention to detail – I never put down a brush and think ‘that will do’. I make sure all my clients are 100 per cent happy before leaving and that I am happy enough with my work that I would be proud to have it plastered all over a billboard.
If you had to pick your top five, what would they be?