Got writer’s block when it comes to writing your profile?
The following questions may be your answer to overcome this deadly condition, which can affect even awesome international best-selling authors. That’s a true story. I was only talking to Andrew Griffiths the other day about it.
So you’re writing your profile/About Us page/Facebook summary/ but you’re stuck? No problems, have you asked yourself the following questions?
Before we get started … there’s a little trick to using these questions. So here are your instructions.
- Choose 6-10 questions that resonate with you.
- Cut and paste them into a new document. Save it.
- Answer each one within about 1-2 short and sweet paragraphs.
- Delete the actual questions…not the answers.
- Go over each paragraph and link it to the next one.
- Check the work count. Pare back if you need to. Between 300-500 words is ideal for online content.
- Have it proof read and hit publish!
Questions to ask yourself when writing your profile
- Why did you start your business? What attracted you?
- Is there a special/interesting/funny story to how your business/service/product began?
- What is it about your business that sets it apart from others in your industry?
- What are some things you do differently to others? EG: The free consultations/gifts, special packages. Anything small or large that you do that no one else does.
- How long have you owned your business?
- How long have you been in the industry?
- What is your background? (Please give a detailed explanation of where you have worked/what type of work you have done in the past. How will this information help your clients?)
- What does your job entail? (Please give a detailed snapshot of how a typical day looks, what duties do you perform, think of your resume)
- What do you enjoy most (give a detailed list of 5 things)?
- What have been major achievements/awards/wins for the business so far?
- What would you say has been your most major achievement in your career?
- Are you part of any groups, clubs or organisations – paid memberships or community?
- What training/courses have you done that has helped you in this industry? Please list.
- What are your top 5 best attributes? How do you believe these attributes help you in your role?
- What are the benefits that you offer your clients? (Think about what should make them want to come to you over another person in your field).
- What services do you offer?
Stop writer’s block in its tracks and use this online content writing method when writing your profile today !